The week is going well so far, but not my writing goals. Just keeping up with my regular teaching and prep at both institutions, plus whatever jack-in-the-boxes spring up, is taking all my faculties right now. Tonight, I still need to:
- finish writing two assignments for tomorrow
- read contest mss.
- work on those alumni interview writeups (B & C)
It might be that I should triage those things in this way:
- TONIGHT: write and read contest mss. (which need to be finished tomorrow)
- TOMORROW MORNING, EARLY: finish writing assignments (historically, this sort of thing goes better in the morning)
- TOMORROW AFTERNOON, AFTER MUCH TEACHING: work on writeups
There’s something going on every day and/or night this week. On Wednesday, I’m taking the Snork Maiden for a haircut. On Thursday, there’s a long meeting after school, and we’re having dinner with my father, who’ll be in town. We have a job candidate coming on Friday, which is my hard teaching day, but I’ve been able to get Gamma to cover a class for me so that I can watch the candidate teach–and the Snork Maiden has a soccer game after school. And on Saturday, we’re going to visit Stubb.
I think we’d better do some packing on Wednesday.